If you have been assessed as requiring medicines on a long-term basis, you will use our repeat prescription service. Always order your repeat prescriptions in good time to avoid running out of any medication you need, 14 days before your stock runs out. You can order your prescription by:
– Handing in your request at reception.
– Posting your request into the box at the entrance to the building.
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Via Patient Access (ask a member of staff for details)
Please remember that repeat prescriptions take two working days to process. Please only order the supplies you need and avoid over-ordering. Drugs are expensive and storing large quantities that you do not need can be risky. Please let us know if for any reason you decide to stop taking medication we have prescribed for you.
You can collect your prescription by:
– Calling into the surgery 48 hours after your request was put in.
– Enclosing a stamped addressed envelope with your request.
– Arranging for one of the local chemists to collect for you via the Electronic Prescribing Service. This is a service whereby your prescription is sent electronically on the NHS Spine to the pharmacy of your choice.
Your GP will invite you on a regular basis to review your medication. This is so we can check that you are on the best medication available to you. Please let the surgery know if your medical condition changes, if you take other medications regularly, (bought from the chemist), or if you have stopped taking any medication for any reason.