– Be provided with services in a courteous, civil and co-operative manner.
– A clear explanation of, and advice on, the patient’s medical condition and any proposed treatment.
– A referral for specialist medical opinion or other second opinion in appropriate circumstances.
– Receive information via the practice notice board/website/ newsletter of any relevant health promotion exercise and preventative medicine initiatives.
– Absolute confidentiality of medical records maintained by the practice subject to any provisions for disclosure imposed or allowed by law. – — – Access their own personal health records, in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please ask a member of staff should you wish to view your own records.
– Have any formal complaint against the practice investigated and dealt with fairly, and according to the practice complaints procedure.