If you have been assessed as requiring medicines on a long-term basis, you will use our repeat prescription service. Always order your repeat prescriptions in good time to avoid running out of any medication you need, 7 days before your stock runs out.
You can order your prescription by:
- Patient Access (see above)
- e-Consult (available on our website)
- Handing in your request at reception or posting it into the box
- Email: [email protected]
Non-urgent advice: Please remember that repeat prescriptions take 72 hours to process
Please only order the supplies you need and avoid over-ordering. Drugs are expensive and storing large quantities that you do not need can be risky.
Please let us know if for any reason you decide to stop taking medication we have prescribed for you.
If for any reason you need to re-order your repeat prescription early, please email us with the request.
You can receive your prescription/medication by:
- Telling us your dedicated local pharmacy who will receive your prescription electronically via the Electronic Prescribing Service. This is a service whereby your prescription is sent electronically on the NHS Spine to the pharmacy of your choice. then you only need to collect your medication from the pharmacy.
- You can leave a stamped addressed envelope with your request and we will post it to you.
- You could call and collect it from the surgery then take it to the pharmacy yourself, Which is not as convenient for you.
Your GP will invite you on a regular basis to review your medication. This is so we can check that you are on the best medication available to you. Please let the surgery know if your medical condition changes, if you take other medications regularly, (bought from the chemist), or if you have stopped taking any medication for any reason.
How your Pharmacy can help
Pharmacists are experts in medicines who can help you with minor health concerns. Find out how your Pharmacy can help you.
If you have a query about your medication, please call the practice or submit an e-consult.