Skip to content
Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Be provided with services in a courteous, civil and co-operative manner.
- A clear explanation of, and advice on, the patient’s medical condition and any proposed treatment.
- A referral for specialist medical opinion or other second opinion in appropriate circumstances.
- Receive information via the practice notice board/website/ newsletter of any relevant health promotion exercise and preventative medicine initiatives.
- Absolute confidentiality of medical records maintained by the practice subject to any provisions for disclosure imposed or allowed by law.
- Access their own personal health records, in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please ask a member of staff should you wish to view your own records.
- Have any formal complaint against the practice investigated and dealt with fairly, and according to the practice complaints procedure.